Iowa at Northwestern
- Well the Cats won't be winning the Big 10- but they are still one of the most entertaining teams in the country. I think they can pull this one out late against the Steelers... I mean Hawkeyes.
Final score: Northwestern 31 Iowa 27Boston College at North Carolina
- Just like I said Miami would struggle with UNC I think Boston College will struggle with the Heels. I think the Heels will have control most of the game, but BC will take the lead in the end. That is until Connor Barth hits a game winner.
Final score: North Carolina 23 Boston College 21Texas at Baylor
- I can't believe I'm picking this game. I'm gonna say the Horns will be down at the end of the first quarter but win it big.
Final score: Texas 45 Baylor 17NC State at Florida State
- I fully expect that either this year or next year will be Amato's last in Raleigh. The Wolfpack will struggle mightily in Tallahassee tomorrow. The Seminoles can't be looking ahead to a possible ACC Championship or to the Florida game in a few weeks. They won't be.
Final score: Florida State 35 NC State 13Cal at Oregon
- All year long I've thought that Cal was one of the more overrated teams in the country. Oregon won't have Kellen Clemens any more, it'll be Dennis Dixon with all the pressure on his shoulders. I think Cal will be winning for the most of the first three quarters- but Oregon will bust out in the fourth and get a win- in OT.
Final score: Oregon 41 Cal 34Wisconsin at Penn State
- The matchup in Happy Valley is one of the better ones in the country. Wisconsin's star tailback Brian Calhoun will be coming up against Paul Pozluzny and a top-notch PSU D. The Penn State offense should have an easy time with a below-par Badger D. Alvarez will want this one bad considering its his last shot at a Big 10 title. The game will be close for all four quarters- but ultimately Calhoun and Stocco won't be enough and the Badger D will have let them down.
Final score: Penn State 27 Wisconsin 17Missouri at Colorado
- Week-in and week-out Brad Smith is one of the most overrated players in college football. The Buffs are the favorites to be Texas's last obstacle before the Rose Bowl. The status quo won't change here. Expect a big win for the Buffs.
Final score: Colorado 33 Missouri 13UCLA at Arizona
- The cardiac kids take on an Arizona team which gave USC some problems earlier this season. Maurice Drew and Drew Olson will be as spectacular as ever- but Zona has a new weapon in Willie Tuitama at QB. I think the Cats can keep it close for three quarters- but come fourth quarter UCLA will once again show its strength. I think Chris Markey has a big game in addition to Maurice Drew.
Final Score: UCLA 38 Arizona 28Texas A&M at Texas Tech
- Well I no longer think the Aggies have a shot at UT this year. Coach Fran has done one of the poorest coaching jobs of the year in the nation. Reggie McNeal's talent has gone completely wasted in College Station. I hope A&M beats the Red Raiders though.
Final score: Texas Tech 31 Texas A&M 20Stanford at USC
- The Trojans won't have a problem in this one- and once again will prove that there is a huge difference between them and the Bruins. I'm expecting Bush to score at least once on a non-running play and Lendale White to get 150 and two td's.
Final score: USC 49 Stanford 24
Miami at Virginia Tech
- You didn't think I could forget this one did you? The Hokies have all of the advantages in this one. The game is at home, they have momentum, they have played consistant, and they have the X-factor: Marcus Vick. Miami will come in strongly and start off with the lead. The Hokies will start slowly but grow as the game goes on. Miami will get a TD before the end of the half to secure a halftime lead.
Half-time score: Miami 13 Virginia Tech 10
The second half will see Vick come out red-hot. He'll throw for a TD on the opening drive. The D will force a three-and-out and then promptly block a punt to set up another VT TD. The Canes won't be able to recover from the sudden momentum swing and the Hokies will be on their way to Jacksonville.
Final score: Virginia Tech 30 Miami 20